617 EAST LAWSON STREET – MRS. DOROTHY MCDOUGALD HOUSE
This two-story, side-gabled Colonial Revival house is three bays wide and double-pile with a gabled, one-story wing on each end. The house has a continuous brick foundation and veneer and an exterior end chimney on the east elevation. County tax records date the building to 1950; the earliest known occupant is Mrs. Dorothy McDougald in 1955. McDougald is the widow of Richard L. McDougald. The building is currently used for Undergraduate Admissions for North Carolina Central University.