This two-story, side-gabled Colonial Revival house is three bays wide and double-pile with a one-story porch over a single car garage on the east elevation. The house has a brick foundation, veneer, and an exterior brick chimney on the east elevation. It retains eight-over-eight, double-hung, wood sash windows on the first floor and six-over-six, double-hung wood sash windows on the second; vinyl shutters exist on the façade, but ghost marks indicate earlier larger shutters. The four-light-over-four-panel front door is located in a one-story projecting, gabled entrance bay and has a colonial surround with pilasters and a broken pediment. The entrance is accessed by a concrete stoop with metal railing. The side porch is supported by Tuscan columns and has been enclosed with screens. A low, stone wall extends across the front of the property and along the driveway; an integrated stone stair leads to a slate walk. County tax records date the property to 1940; the earliest known occupant is Charles C. Spaulding, Jr. in 1945. Spaulding, Jr. was the son of C. C. Spaulding who, with John Merrick and Dr. Aaron Moore, led the North Carolina Mutual Insurance Company. Spaulding, Jr. was a vice-president and general council for the North Carolina Mutual Insurance Company.