This one-story, front-gabled Minimal Traditional house is three bays wide and double-pile with a wide flush gable on the west elevation, a gabled rear ell, and a shed-roofed block east of the ell. The house has a concrete-block foundation, aluminum siding, and three brick chimneys, including an exterior stepped brick chimney on the west elevation. It has vinyl replacement windows throughout with the exception of a pair of three-light, Craftsman-style casement windows that flank the chimney. A front-gabled porch on the right end of the façade is supported by square posts on brick piers and has modern wood lattice between the piers. There is a low stone retaining wall across the front of the site, which slopes to the rear to expose the basement. County tax records date the building to 1940; the earliest known occupant is Emmett L. Martin (head waiter, Washington Duke Hotel) in 1945.