This two-story, hip-roofed house is three bays wide and double-pile with a projecting, two-story, hip-roofed bay on the north elevation with a one-story, shed-roofed block behind it. The house has a brick foundation, vinyl siding, and an interior brick chimney. It retains two-over-two, double-hung wood sash windows and a fifteen-light French front door. There are two replacement vents in the gabled front dormer. The hip-roofed front porch extends across the façade (including the projecting bay on the north side) and is supported by aluminum-wrapped tapered posts on brick piers. There is a two-story, hip-roofed rear ell on the southeast corner with a shed-roofed porch behind it. The site slopes to the rear to reveal an exposed basement. The earliest known occupant is Hattie L. Livas (clerk, N C Mutual Life Insurance Company) in 1930.